Just quickly post it here, that today I just found out another mood booster. Oh, why is mood so important, you said? Sure it is especially for people with a mood disorder, a kind of psychological disorder. The more severe spectrum is the bipolar disorder, where your mood repetitively goes up (called being manic) then drops down (called being depressed) with a normal episode in between.
I have tried one and other things to lift my mood almost everyday for I wake up in the morning without necessarily always feeling great. Thus I need to list the things that would possibly make someone feel better when someone does it:
1. Waking up early before sunrise, performing Fajr prayer (solat subuh) ontime
2. Doing a cardio workout, cycling is preferable. Running is even better, but it really depends on the circumstances.
3. Taking a shower with cold water.
4. Drinking a cup (or more) of sugar-free coffee.
5. Playing along with kids, preferably those under 5 years of age. –> this is the most recent one!
6. Smiling, even when you are alone, for at least 10 secs.
7. Performing dzikr (remembrance of God), simply subhanalloh walhamdulillaah or anything else.
8. Reading really good books.
9. Talking to a really best friend and focusing on positivities.
Those are based on my personal experiences which I keep evaluating every now and then. They can be effective sometimes and useless some other times. You do even one out of those items and you will not be depressed for the rest of the day, or you can do ALL of them.
Anyone has anything to add my list?